85% of women are disappointed with the way they were proposed to. Make sure yours is perfect and one to remember. Make sure you have the ring! 38% of women said proposing without a ring is the biggest mistake a man can make.
1. Get in touch with the stage manager of an appropriately themed production and propose after the cast’s curtain call.
2. Go on a romantic boat ride. In the middle of the lake/pond/river, tell her how much you love her and ask to marry her.
3. Take her out into a rainstorm. Dance together and laugh together. Lift her up and kiss her. Go down on one knee and ask her to marry you.
4. Make her breakfast in bed and deliver the breakfast tray with the ring placed in the center.
5. Make a list of 10 reasons you’d like to marry your beloved. Read them to her in front of a crowd, have them delivered via singing telegram, or send them written on individual note cards over the course of a day (or 10!), with the last card arriving by personal messenger (you!)
6. Ask her to marry you at the top of a ferris wheel!
7. Put an an ad on a billboard with the best picture of you together.
8. Have a friend or family member set up a picnic for you in a park. Take your girlfriend for a hike on a route where you’ll stumble upon this surprise Proposal Picnic.
9. Freeze the ring inside an ice cube. Make your favorite on-the-rocks drink and surprise her when she finds a ring inside the ice cube.
10. Go to fireworks. During the grand finale kiss her deeply, go on one knee, and ask.
11. Ask the pastry chef to write, “Will you marry me?” in chocolate sauce around the rim of her dessert plate.
12. Rent a horse and carriage. Take a ride through the park or around your most memorable spots. Stop at a beautiful spot- a fountain, lake, ocean view, ect (extra points if it’s at sunset) and pop the question. Have the driver take pictures or video of the magical moment.
13. Put the ring in an easter egg.
14. Go on a romantic vacation. At one of the most romantic moments propose.
15. Have Fed Ex deliver fifty balloons. Have only one of the balloons be red, with the rest of them, white. Her attention will be drawn to the red balloon and ask her if she notices something inside. Inside, have a teddy bear holding a card that reads “Will you marry me?” Then surprise her with an engagement ring!
16. Make a romantic video to propose. Arrange to have it as one of the commercials before the movie begins.
17. Have one of your friends throw a costume party or masked party. At midnight propose.
18. Take her for a surprise picnic at the beach or in the woods. At the picnic spot, spell out “Marry Me” with stones, flowers or seashells. Put the diamond in her hand when she says yes.
19. Chocolate-dip the diamond box, and put it in the center of a box of chocolates when you are alone for the evening. She will always wonder what’s in the largest piece of candy. Pick it up for her and open it with a flair.
20. Propose to her in the middle of a public skating rink.
21. Arrange to have four specially wrapped boxes of different sizes shipped to her on the same day, arriving on her doorstep. Inside each box will be a word: “Will”, “You”, “Marry”, “Me?”
22. Invite her to a private pool filled with large water lilies. Have one water lily colored pink with a small box firmly attached. Ask her to check that box—she’ll be pleasantly surprised to find the ring inside!
23. Make her feel like a movie star and set your proposal to the scene of her favorite romantic movie. You could arrange your own Pretty Woman moment (the finale, of course) — rent a white limo and climb through the moonroof with flowers in hand to proclaim your love as you arrive at her place.
24. Take her to a scenic small town where you can see yourselves spending your later years together. As the sun sets, get on your knees and tell her this is where you’d like to spend your life with her.
25. Upload a video of your proposal on YouTube (tell her you have a hysterical home movie to show her).
26. During dinner at your favorite restaurant, arrange with the waiter to have the diamond in a box as one of the choices on the dessert tray. Tell her she is the sweetest thing you know and you can’t resist her any longer.
27. Cook and set an elaborate candlelight table (or cater if you are not talented in the kitchen) for a quiet romantic dinner for two at home. Serve her a glass of champagne with the diamond ring in the bottom or ribboned to the stem.
28. Propose in the place where you first met with a bottle of champagne, cake and a live violinist
29. Meet for a drink at a posh hotel bar. When it’s time to go, casually mention that you’ve already reserved a room for the night. When you open the hotel room door, have roses, candles, and champagne all set up — everything for a perfect surprise proposal.
30. Hire a skywriter to spell your proposal for everyone around to see.
31. Draw a bath and place a floating candle or rubber ducky in the middle with a ring tied around its neck. Make a path of roses leading to the tub. (And make sure the drain is well-plugged!)
32. Wake her up in the middle of the night. Tell her that you love her and couldn’t wait another second. Tell her you love her and ask if she will make your dreams come true by marrying you.
33. Make your own message in a bottle. On the night before a beach day you’ve planned, write a love poem on a piece of parchment paper, roll it into an antique bottle with a cork, and bury it in a well-marked spot in the sand near your towels. Be sure you “find” the bottle as you dig together — and have the ring at the ready.
34. Take out a full-page ad in a newspaper you know your girlfriend reads daily.
35. If you love to hit the beach, head down a few hours before her and write your proposal in the sand with large white rocks
36. Present her with an enormous box that is bigger than her when she gets home. Inside the box, have a series of twenty smaller boxes. When she finally gets to the smallest box, she will find the engagement ring inside.
37. Order a dozen red roses and pick them up yourself at the shop. Write the card to say, “Will you marry me?” and put the diamond in a presentation box with the roses. Present the flowers during a candlelight dinner for two at home (cater if you can’t cook).
38. Buy a pet that she has always wanted (bunny, kitten, puppy) and loosely tie the ring around its neck. Or, substitute a stuffed animal — still cute, but less maintenance!
39. Go for something different! Present her with a lovely wild orchid, with the ring in a box near the stem. She’ll never forget that flower!
40. Rent a limousine for the evening. Have the driver pick you up first, then pick her up at home or work. Ask the driver to roll up the privacy window. Have one of her favorite evening dresses inside to change into. Take her to an elegant restaurant where you have pre-arranged to serve the limo in the parking lot for your own romantic dinner. Be sure to tell the servers to make it a picnic and ask them not to disturb you after the main course is served. Have the driver play your favorite romantic music, while you enjoy the privacy for your unique dinner. Present the diamond instead of dessert.
41. Send your girlfriend on a treasure hunt. Start with a clue at home, then send her on a tour of your favorite spots all over town. When she gets to the last hint, the prize should be you on one knee.
42. Ask your neighborhood theater to run an ad featuring your proposal and make sure you get there in time for the previews.
43. Tie a red velvet ribbon from one spot in your home to another. Attach little notes recalling perfect moments in your relationship along the way. You wait at the last stop, ring in hand.
44. Scratch your proposal into the frost on her car’s windshield.
45. During a special evening, present your love with three roses: Tell her one represents the past, one represents the present, and the last one (with the ring tied to it) represents the future.
46. Arrange to go to a jewelry store after hours, so it’s just the two of you. Go down on one knee and open a ring box- it’s empty! Tell her she can pick out any ring she wants in the store.
47. If neither of you are afraid of heights — Arrange with a local adventure guide for a private hot air balloon ride for just the two of you (and the pilot). Schedule the time so that it covers either sunrise or sunset. Some companies provide a full meal with a table setting and the works. Present the diamond in a box as the dessert at the end of the meal.
48. Turn off all the lights in your apartment and make a trail of candles that leads to a circle of votives positioned around a ring.
49. Buy a small book of poetry and make a cutout the size of the ring through all of the pages. Place and tape the ring into the empty space. Write your own special poem, insert it into the first page of the book and present it to her
50. Memorize a short French poem and recite the poem to her at a French restaurant as you offer the ring. Be sure to know what each word means so you can demonstrate your savoire faire. Have the loose diamond ready in a presentation box.
51. Write “Will You Marry Me?” on the underside of a kite and take flight one warm, breezy afternoon.
52. Tell your girlfriend you want to make a time capsule together to bury and dig up years into the future. As you’re gathering the items, say it wouldn’t be complete without a picture of the moment you two got engaged! Have a Polaroid camera ready to take that shot right after you present her with the ring.
53. Decorate a Christmas tree with lights and only one ornament — a ribbon or bow tied around a velvet ring box. Ask her over for a Christmas celebration for just the two or you.
54. Create a personalized fortune cookie with your own proposal message.
55. Create your own podcast proposal and sneak it onto her iPod.
56. Go out for a night of dancing, and ask the DJ or band leader to pass you the mic so that you can dedicate a song and propose on the dance floor.
57. At a college or professional sporting event (if you both like sports), arrange to have your message displayed on the scoreboard after halftime…”Karen…Will you marry me?” Have the diamond ready in a presentation box.
58. Spell your proposal out in glow-in-the-dark star stickers on your ceiling. Get into bed, turn the lights off, and wait for the inevitable gasp.
59. Slip the ring on her finger while she’s sleeping and wake her with champagne and strawberries. At first, the gesture will simply seem romantic — the real surprise comes when she notices her new piece of jewelry.
60. Send Roses! Find the meaning of roses at: https://romanticideasinlife.wordpress.com/2011/04/01/how-roses-talk-meanings-of-roses/